Friday, January 27, 2012

Sausage & Pepper Pasta


This has to be the easiest dish ever but tastes so good! I love sausage, my whole family does actually. So what better way to have sausage then with pasta and veggies? This recipe started with my love for sausage and pasta and thought, hmmm I should experiment.  This is dry pasta but you could easily add your favorite marinara sauce to it, I am just not a red sauce fan! So I did and this is what I came up with.
Ingredients:
·         1 Lbs. Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed if you get links.
·         2 Tbs. Olive Oil
·         1 Yellow Onion, sliced
·         1 Large pack of button Mushrooms, sliced
·         ½ Red Bell Pepper, Sliced
·         ½ Green Bell Pepper, Sliced
·         2-3 tsp. Garlic (more or less depending on taste)
·         Salt to taste
·         Black Pepper to taste
·         Red Pepper Flake to taste
·         Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated
·         ¾ Lbs. Pasta, cooked to package directions (I usually use penne or bowtie)

Cook and drain the pasta according to the package directions.
In a large frying pan, add sausage, garlic, pepper, salt, red pepper flake and cook through.  Once the sausage is cooked, remove onto a plate and set aside.  In the same pan, add the olive oil and all the veggies and cook until they are tender, making sure not to overcook.  Add the sausage back in and mix to combine.  Add the pasta and toss to combine.
When you are ready to eat, plate the pasta and sausage mixture and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. 
This really is a quick weeknight meal you can make as long as you have everything on hand.  I use hot sausage, well because I love spicy food, but you can always use sweet Italian sausage or a combination of both.  However you make it, try it soon and remember to take the Thyme to Savor…

No comments:

Post a Comment